Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"I do believe I have been changed for the better.
I have been changed for good."  (lyrics from "For Good"

There is a song in the play Wicked, "For Good" when the good witch and the bad witch are parting.  These lines hit a chord in me.  I thought about those who have been in life, whether for a lifetime or a short while, who have changed the way I think about things or changed me for good.  As children, the list is long who help change us, but when we become adults, the list gets shorter because we are less receptive to change.

Who has changed you for the good?  Made you laugh more?  Caused you to see something in a different light.  My friend Becky Bell told about a group of people (I think it was in a Sunday School class) who were told to visualize a horse. (To make a point to go along with their lesson) After some discussion about the fact everyone could visualize a horse, etc. she said, "But we all see a different horse. A horse is a horse, but I saw a black one. What color did you see?  The person near her said, "Mine was a gray one." 

I like to see the horse someone else sees, not just my own.  My friends and acquaintances have changed me for the better and in some cases, changed me for good. I took a look at their horses and understood there are many ways of looking at things...not just my way.  

Think about those who have changed you for the better...changed you for good.  That play did something to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment