Thursday, January 29, 2009

My grandson is in his baby bed as I work on my computer.  He is singing.  I always heard that a singing child is a happy one.  Why wouldn't he be?  Before he went to bed (at 10 o'clock), he had a bowl of grapes and a peanut butter sandwich (I'm hungry, CiCi.) Then he ran up and down the hall just enough to get a spurt of new energy.  Finally, I put him to bed with the agreement that I would sit with him until he went to sleep (at my computer!).  Wouldn't life be grand if we could all be treated and treat each other the way we do three-year-olds.  Cater to them, make sure they are safe, fed, clothed, and happy.  What happens to parents when a child grows older?  Evidently the cute wears off and so does the catering.  Doesn't make sense to me.  I hope I will always cater to my grandchildren and my children.  Maybe I could use a little catering to myself.  Couldn't we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment