Monday, February 2, 2009

Have you thought about what you want to be when you grow up?  How many of us have "been" what we thought we would be when we were fresh out of high school or college.  I didn't know then what I really wanted to be and still don't.  Not that I didn't love my job-most of the time-but true passion is a job you look at as total pleasure.  Is there such a critter?  Even in the best of times, as we all have learned, there are the worst of times.  Being in a play is great fun, but the practices aren't.  Playing in a game of basketball is great fun, but the practices are not.  Everyone says, "Follow your passion."  That is true, but sometimes the passion for something doesn't pay the bills.  I might have a passion for painting a wall, but I couldn't do it well enough to make a living.  I guess if I painted enough of them I would become a distinguished wall painter, but then would I lose the passion.  Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment