Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Don't Want...

I don't want anyone messing up my hair.  Guy will come behind the recliner as I am sitting back watching Oprah or Dr. Phil and ruffle up my hair.  I have told him not to do that but he thinks it's funny.  I'm going to hurt him.
I don't want anyone stopping a conversation with me to answer their cell phone unless it is an emergency.  That is why I hate call waiting.  Who is more important?  Me or that person on the other line.
I don't want someone to tell me what is good for me.  "Oh, you need to walk; it's good for you."  I know what is good for me and when someone else tells me, I don't like it.  Makes me not want to do it.  
I don't want anyone telling me I shouldn't give my children advice.  What is a mother supposed to do?  We are advice givers and they are advice ignorers. 
I don't want a student fresh out of high school calling me Carol.  I never called Ms. Ennis, Ruth.  I didn't call Mr. Gilley, Wilbur.  Call me Carol after you hit thirty.
I don't want what I can or cannot do.  Hey, I can do pretty much what I please.  Can't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment