Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's at Chuck E. Cheese

I spent Valentine's Day at Chuck E. Cheese.  I happen to like Chuck E. Cheese if there were none of those crazed kids around. Saturday night there were hundreds of little ones with their grandparents.  We had three-year-old Joseph.  Chuck sat down with us and Joseph was frozen for a few minutes.  Then after pizza he joined in with the rest.  It was all Guy and I could do to keep up with him.  By the end of the two hours his little shoulders were slumped so we left with the tickets to the junk trinkets.  He had rather play with the tickets.  
I have never been one for rides at the fair but I always liked the games.  Toss pennies in plates, throw baseballs at cans, pick up a duck, etc.  My favorite are the shooting games.  There is one at Chuck E. Cheese that requires shooting water at a fire.  I put out lots of points in flames.  Joseph wasn't interested in that game.  Did I feel foolish?  Maybe, but nobody down there knew me.  Sometimes it is nice to be in a place where no one knows your name.  We drove back home late Saturday night and it was probably the most fun I've had on Valentine's Day in years.  I love my yellow roses, but they can't compete with Chuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment