Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Eating

I do not like to watch people eat, do you?  How can you help it when a person dining with you tells you something between bites.  I catch myself, sometimes, doing the same thing.  Eating mannerisms are interesting.  Some people wipe their mouths after each bite.  Some put the napkin in their laps while others put it beside their plate.  Some each wings with their fingers while others try to use a fork.  While some eat like a thief is going to take away their plate, others lolligag over their meal until I am ready to say, "Eat up. We have things to do."  I think watching kids gulp their drinks and ravage their food at school has made me detest eating with a bunch of strangers in restaurants where we are put elbow to elbow. 
 Maybe I'm just strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment